Friday, June 10, 2011

NUMBER 25!

I just looked at the statistics for this blog.  Yes, there are statistics for these blogs.  The stats are actually fascinating.  They tell you things like how many people read your blog by day, week, month and year.  It also tells you what country they are located in.  It also gives me all of the names, addresses, phone numbers, social security numbers, bank account and credit card numbers...the thing is freaking amazing!  It has enabled me to quit my job and do this full time.  By the way, don't look at your bank or credit card statements - I only take a little money at a time so you won't even notice it.  Aren't you glad you're reading the blog now?!?

Okay, calm down, the stats don't give me all of that information, nor am I an identity thief.  But if any of you want to voluntarily give me any of that information, well, feel free.  Nah, never mind, I couldn't abscond with anyone else's moolah.  Besides, I don't think there is Wi-Fi in prison so my blogging would come to an abrupt end.  For that reason alone I shall stay on the straight and narrow.

The statistics do give you numbers of people and the countries that they are in.  That is cool!  Who knew this was now an International Blog?  The countries that have had at least one person look at the blog read something like the Security Council at the UN: the United States of course, Germany, Canada, United Kingdom, Sweden, Singapore, Denmark, India, Egypt, Russia and China.  While I have friends in Germany and Sweden (and one or two in the US) I don't know anyone else in any of the other countries.  Which makes me wonder what they are thinking when they read this "stuff".  Oh well, I'm looking for a book deal so if you're a publisher in Denmark and you are interested give a ring!  I can't speak Danish, but I love your pastry!

Talk about a tangent...I started this blog with the intention of mentioning that this was my 25th blog - thus the title "Number 25".  I found this out by the statistics, but then I got swept away with all of the other stat-type things.  Oh well, it's my blo-og and I'll cry if I want to...cry if I want to...cry if I want to...you would cry too if it happened to you..."  Egads, where did THAT come from?  Leslie Gore I believe, but I digress.

Anyway, I thought I would stick with the Number 25 theme and look up famous athletes who wore the number 25 jersey.  I began, of course, with the Boston Red Sox.  There were 46 players who wore the number 25 for the Sox, and I'll bet the seamstress that sews the names on the uniforms was pretty ticked off about it.  My three favorites were Tony Conigliaro, Dwight Evans and Mike Lowell.  And how all three wore the same jersey I'll never know.  Some other players from other teams/sports that wear number 25 are Barry Bonds, Fred Biletnikoff, Jim Thome, Mark Teixeira, etc.  25 is also a full roster for most of the season for a baseball team.  But there are other things about the Number 25...it is the sum of the first 5 odd numbers.  Coincidence?  I think not.  (huh?)  It is the year (25 AD) that Aulus Cremutius Cordus, Roman historian, died.  I feel horrible. I missed the funeral.

25 cents is one quarter of a dollar.  At least that's what they say.  And for all of you science aficionados out there, 25 is the atomic number of Manganese.  I always thought Manganese was an island off the coast of Africa, or a spread that you put on a turkey sandwich.  But what do I know?  How about this one...25 is the minimum age for a candidate to the United States House of Representatives.  The way they've been behaving over the past few years you would think that age 25 was the oldest member of the House!  Interstate 25 is a freeway that runs from New Mexico to Wyoming.  I wonder what the problem is with New Mexico that makes the road run to Wyoming?  Those of you who live in New Mexico, please shed some light on this.  If you've been married for 25 years you are celebrating your Silver Anniversary.  Come to think of it, we never received any silver on our 25th anniversary.  But it's never too late, folks, feel free to send us all of your silver.  Heck, gold too if it makes you feel better!  Then there is the song "In The Year 2525" by Zager & Evans...a real upbeat song about humans basically falling apart and machines doing everything for you.  A real toe-tapper.

So that brings us back to the fact that this is Number 25.  I have no clue as to what the next 25 blogs are going to bring, but I can tell you one thing - there will be a Birthday Blog in the not-too-distant-future.  Details at 11.  I was going to put details at 25 but there is no 25 o'clock.  However, if your clock strikes 25 what time is it?  Everybody say it with me...time to get a new clock!!!  Another reason why yours truly does not do stand-up.  Because as everybody knows you sit-down to write a blog!  Duh!

4 comments:

  1. TK,
    Perhaps I should comment with 25 reasons why I love you so much but I think I'll spread them over the next few years of your blogging... (I'd say career, but don't you have to get paid for this to consider it a career?) What a blessing it is to be married to my best friend, especially one who makes me laugh! What ever would we have done without the laughter in our life together these past 37 yrs.!? (dating should be included some hairy situations then too!)
    I love to watch you write, and really love hearing the little outburst of laughter when you crack yourself up with a line too! I wish you could do this as a full time job, or at least, didn't have to work 2 jobs and had more time to write, as it is quite evident this brings you such joy and contentment, that is second of course to the joy and contentment being my husband brings you!
    I guess that's 2 why I love you points, I really don't think I'll run out of them as they are endless, but I'll wait anyway!
    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  2. You guys are such great role models! If you wrote a book on how to stay strong in a marriage, I'd buy it in an instant! TK ( that is what they call you, right? =0P ), I really enjoyed your blog 25! It was a nice read while sitting in my hotel room alone in Iowa... Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. good stuff Pops!!! keep up the good work :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kamala Thornhill ( Oakes )June 14, 2011 at 3:22 PM

    Glad to hear that your humor has remained the same throughout the years...also I'll agree that you are great role models and I now have the opportunity to thank you for your kindness years ago when shortly after arriving at your house for a babysitting job I found out that my Dad had had a heart attack, Donna left for the potluck supper and you, Tom, kindly stayed with me and spent time playing games with myself and the boys and cracking jokes and basically doing what you could to keep my mind off of things and then after Donna came home you actually paid me (which blew my mind) and took me home...anyway wanted to thank you and Donna for your kindness to an awkward teenager....it was one of the nicest things that anyone ever did for me and I still remember it and yes I think that it did help shape my own behavior towards others....

    ReplyDelete